Re: [Mutt] #2952: <BackSpace> should use terminal settings

#2952: <BackSpace> should use terminal settings

Comment (by Kyle Wheeler):

 {{{
 On Thursday, September 13 at 01:02 PM, quoth Vincent Lefevre:
 >> What it all really boils down to as far as what we mean when we say
 >> "the backspace key" is "that key that we press that we think will
 >> delete the character to the left of the cursor" and no more.
 >
 > No, the backspace key is just the key named "backspace". No more.

 And what of keyboards without a key named "backspace"? My computer (an
 Apple) only has a "delete" key. The Sun keyboards I've used only had a
 second left-arrow key in an unusual location. They are not *named*
 "backspace", they are *named* "delete" and "left-arrow", respectively.
 Shall we assume that mutt must know this, somehow?

 ~Kyle
 }}}

--
Ticket URL: <http://dev.mutt.org/trac/ticket/2952#comment:>