Re: [Mutt] #2952: <BackSpace> should use terminal settings

#2952: <BackSpace> should use terminal settings

Comment (by Kyle Wheeler):

 {{{
 On Thursday, September 13 at 05:16 PM, quoth Vincent Lefevre:
 >On 2007-09-13 08:53:59 -0500, Kyle Wheeler wrote:
 >> And what of keyboards without a key named "backspace"?
 >
 >The key can't be used, so that its configuration doesn't matter.
 >But in general, one finds a key on the keyboard and use it as
 >backspace.
 >
 >> My computer (an Apple) only has a "delete" key.
 >
 >So, I assume that you use the "delete" key for the erase function.

 My point is that in such situations, there *is* no "backspace" key,
 and yet mutt presumes that there is one. More to the point, so does
 every other piece of software. For all intents and purposes, that key
 in that general location is considered the backspace key. What happens
 to be painted on the key (i.e. what the key is named) is irrelevant,
 and *should* be irrelevant.

 ~Kyle
 }}}

--