Re: [Mutt] #2952: <BackSpace> should use terminal settings

On 2007-09-13 08:53:59 -0500, Kyle Wheeler wrote:
> And what of keyboards without a key named "backspace"?

The key can't be used, so that its configuration doesn't matter.
But in general, one finds a key on the keyboard and use it as
backspace.

> My computer (an Apple) only has a "delete" key.

So, I assume that you use the "delete" key for the erase function.

> The Sun keyboards I've used only had a second left-arrow key in an
> unusual location.

The location doesn't matter. "xev" for instance gives you the names
of the keys (at the X level). You should make sure that they are the
same in the terminfo entry.