Re: [Mutt] #2952: <BackSpace> should use terminal settings

#2952: <BackSpace> should use terminal settings

Comment (by Kyle Wheeler):

 {{{
 On Monday, September 10 at 08:19 AM, quoth Mutt:
 > I forgot to say: AFAIK, Mutt gets the string corresponding to the
 > BackSpace from the terminfo (via the curses). You should make sure
 > that these terminfo settings fit your terminal (unfortunately some
 > default configurations are buggy). }}}

 Ahh, I understand. So, in other words, mutt ignores what the terminal
 is *actually* emitting (which it could find out) and assumes that it
 has not been configured in a non-default way.

 I mean, xterm (and many other fancier terminals) can have the key that
 they emit configured dynamically.

 This still seems like a bug to me: mutt should be doing something more
 useful than asking terminfo what the default backspace character for
 the $TERM is. Besides the fact that it can be configured to be
 non-default, as you say, some of these terminal definitions are a
 little buggy. There is a more reliable way to do it, so mutt should
 use that (imho).

 ~Kyle
 }}}

--