Re: can't interrupt (CTRL-C) when dowloading large message

On Monday, August 27 at 02:23 AM, quoth Vincent Lefevre:
On 2007-08-26 08:57:22 -0600, Kyle Wheeler wrote:
On Sunday, August 26 at 11:46 AM, quoth Louis-David Mitterrand:
On a slow imap connection it would be nice to be able to interrupt a
large message download.

When accidentally selecting a multi-megabyte message for display it seems impossible to interrupt mutt with CTRL-C. I have to "killall mutt".

CTRL-\ will work (but it has the same effect as `killall mutt`)

It's even worse: it sends a SIGQUIT instead of a SIGTERM. This means
no clean-up in general (well, I don't what Mutt does exactly) and a
core dump is generated.

True, and I'm not saying it's a good thing, I'm just saying that when you gotta stop downloading something *now*, that will work.

For the record, unless I'm debugging something, my ulimit -c is 0, which prevents core files from being generated when I kill mutt that way.

~Kyle
--
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
                                                     -- Neil Armstrong