Re: Feature request for somewhen

* David Woodfall [Sat, 16 Jun 2007 00:07:50 +0100]:

> When entering an mbox from a folder, and then exiting back to the folder,
> presently the cursor returns to the top of the folder. It would be nice if
> the cursor remained opposite the mbox exited from, in the same way that
> when browsing an mbox and exiting an email/thread does.

> It would save an awful lot of scrolling down when, say, checking new posts
> in mailing lists.

> Just a thought anyway.

Hello. The feature you want is implemented in the sensible_browser_position
patch by Haakon Riiser:

  http://does-not-exist.org/mail-archives/mutt-dev/msg02623.html
    OR

http://hg.debian.org/hg/pkg-mutt/debian-mutt?cmd=file;file=debian/patches/not-applied/patch-1.5.8.hr.sensible_browser_position.3;filenode=4f3e410fcc58a5721d0c7910a8ab2e2cd1996d22;style=raw

I suggested it for 1.6, but received no feedback AFAICR.

Cheers,

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

This is my boyfriend, Chester Fleet. [...] It's kind of a weird day to meet him
because he lost a bet with me, and that means that for the entire day, he can
only talk in clichés. It is so much fun.
                -- Tana Schrick