Re: mime, freedesktop.org and mutt

On 2007-05-26 18:50:17 +1000, Brian Salter-Duke wrote:

> Has any thought ever been given to using these databases in mutt in
> place of mime.types when sending mail and in place of mailcap on receipt
> of mail and when using auto_view?

Good point...

Not knowing the freedesktop database, is there maybe some command
line helper program that returns some structured representation of
that record when confronted with a MIME type?

I guess having a hook of that kind would be most useful.  Or maybe
we need to link in yet another library...

Any takers on mutt-dev?
--
Thomas Roessler   <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>