[Mutt] #2891: color index rule causes messages to be marked read.

#2891: color index rule causes messages to be marked read.

 = What Happens: =

 Add these two lines to your .muttrc
 {{{
 color  index red       default '~h "Subject: .*l"'
 imap_peek=no
 }}}

 Start mutt by going to a folder that has new messages in it:
 {{{
 $ mutt -f =foo
 }}}

 Notice that if you move up or down in the index, the new messages are
 marked as read.  If you quit and come back, all the new messages are
 marked read.

 = What I expected: =

 The messages should not be marked read until actually viewed.

 = Notes: =

 It looks like the color rule above is actually causing the messages
 to be marked read.  This causes the index to temporarily show the
 unread state, but then as you move around the index, it gets the
 current state: read.

 My original rule was:
 {{{
 color  index red       default '~h "X-Spam-Status:.*score=[2-3]\."'
 }}}

 I tried playing with the imap_headers, but that didn't fix the
 problem.  So I tried it with something that was supposed to be read
 by the index: Subject.  This implies that something bad is happening
 in either mutt or dovecot.  I'm guessing mutt, since it works right
 the rest of the time. :-/

 == System: ==

 ||  || Version ||
 ||OS|| Ubuntu Edgy Eft 6.10||
 ||mutt|| 1.5.12-1ubuntu1.1||
 ||dovecot-imap|| 1.0.rc17-1ubuntu1~6.10prevu1||

 I'm using imap-local, a shell script, that runs dovecot locally via
 this muttrc line:
 {{{
 account-hook imap://localhost/ 'set tunnel="/usr/local/bin/imap-local"'
 }}}

--
Ticket URL: <http://dev.mutt.org/trac/ticket/2891>