Re: [Mutt] #862: format=flowed handler isn't utf-8 aware

#862: format=flowed handler isn't utf-8 aware

Comment (by Rocco Rutte):

 {{{
 Hi,

 * Mutt [07-04-05 20:02:06 -0000] wrote:

 > Does anyone know if this bug still applies to the new f=f handler?

 The description is rather short so I need to guess what issues could
 arise with the new f=f handler.

 1. It searches for break points on ASCII space only, so there
 shouldn't be any issue.

 2. It uses byte offsets within the flowed line (i.e. the full paragraph
 concatenated) to detect whether a line is too short/long so that flowed
 lines with many multibyte chars may be shorter on screen than expected,
 but never longer (i.e. it respects $wrap).

 3. For languages that don't use spaces (for DelSp), there's still the
 trailing space to break on so that there's no need to search for
 character boundaries in multibyte strings. Only 2) could apply.

 So I'd say doesn't need to be utf-8 aware to be bug-free except for
 point 2. I will look into these for 1.6.

 For now I think it's flowed aren't perfectly flowed up to the maximum
 length but little less so I think it's more wishlist thing than a real
 bug (given there are no utf-8 issues I didn't think of).

    bye, Rocco
 }}}

--
Ticket URL: <http://www.mutt.org/ticket/862#comment:>