Re: [Mutt] #2277: mailboxes in "mailboxes" directives do not

#2277: mailboxes in "mailboxes" directives do not auto-fill in change folder
dialog when they have new mail

Changes (by brendan):

  * keywords:  => buffy
  * owner:  mutt-dev => brendan
  * milestone:  => 1.6

Old description:

> {{{
> I am using mutt to access an IMAP server (Cyrus IMAPd 2.2.12) where
> mailing list messages are auto-filed into subfolders.  Each of these
> folders are in 'messages' directives, for example:
> mailboxes !/lists/netbsd/port-sgimips
> mailboxes !/lists/netbsd/port_sparc64
> mailboxes !/lists/pchs_vols
> mailboxes !/lists/usergroups/calug
>
> The spoolfile directive, for reference:
> set spoolfile="imaps://scotty/INBOX"
>

> Even if there are new messages in folders listed in 'mailboxes'
> statements, pressing 'c' to change folder does not always result in the
> folder with new mail being auto-filled.  Sometimes it is, sometimes it
> isn't.
> >How-To-Repeat:
> Filter mail into subfolders using sieve.  Use mutt to access mail and
> monitor some of these folders.  Sometimes this will occur, sometimes it
> won't.
> >Fix:
> Unknown
> }}}

New description:

 I am using mutt to access an IMAP server (Cyrus IMAPd 2.2.12) where
 mailing list messages are auto-filed into subfolders.  Each of these
 folders are in 'messages' directives, for example:
 {{{
 mailboxes !/lists/netbsd/port-sgimips
 mailboxes !/lists/netbsd/port_sparc64
 mailboxes !/lists/pchs_vols
 mailboxes !/lists/usergroups/calug
 }}}
 The spoolfile directive, for reference:
 `set spoolfile="imaps://scotty/INBOX"`

 Even if there are new messages in folders listed in 'mailboxes'
 statements, pressing 'c' to change folder does not always result in the
 folder with new mail being auto-filled.  Sometimes it is, sometimes it
 isn't.
 >How-To-Repeat:
 Filter mail into subfolders using sieve.  Use mutt to access mail and
 monitor some of these folders.  Sometimes this will occur, sometimes it
 won't.

Comment:

 New mail handling has changed quite a lot since 1.5.11. Can you retest
 with 1.5.14 or tip?

--
Ticket URL: <http://dev.mutt.org/trac/ticket/2277#comment:7>