Re: attach multiple files from command line

[Moving to -dev]

Re: Charles Cazabon 2007-03-21 <20070321183224.GA5684@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > I expressed my idea incompletely.  What I meant was:
> >
> >     If -a is followed by any other token beginning with -, all
> >     tokens between -a and that '-'-token are taken to be
> >     attachments.
> >     If -a is not followed by any other token beginning with -, the
> >     first token following -a is taken to be an attachment and all
> >     subsequent tokens are taken to be recipients.
>
> I think that'd violate the principle of least surprise, and is likely to
> confuse users as a result.

I'm beginning to like the idea. The separator should be "--" though,
not anything starting with a '-'.

The syntax is even "almost" backwards compatible:

mutt -a filelist -- rcptlist
mutt -a file rcptlist

The incompatible case would be "mutt rcpt -- rcpt", but I don't think
anyone using "--" would put it past the first recipient. ("--" wasn't
even documented until last week...)

Christoph
--
cb@xxxxxxxx | http://www.df7cb.de/