Re: Poll: Quoting behaviour

Re: Rocco Rutte 2007-03-19
<20070319211841.GC44305@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Hi,

> as pointed out on #mutt, the quoting behaviour of the new format=flowed
> (f=f for short) handler as added to the source after 1.5.14 is different
> than before: When replying to f=f messages, empty lines are left empty
> whereby an empty line is a line without further content after the quoting
> characters.

> So the question is how to proceed. The following options are available:

>   1) Introduce $quote_empty that makes this behaviour configurable
>   2) Restore the original behaviour for the f=f handler
>   3) Do 1 + 2

2).

Personally I don't care about which format messages I reply to are in,
and I would like my replies to always look the same.

As a comparison, I'm replying to Rocco's and Nicolas' messages - the
second one looks different. IMHO it isn't a good idea to handle empty
lines differently in a single reply.

(I could probably get used to the "other" format, but I prefer the old
one as it clearly indicates which quoted parts belong together.
Sometimes I intentionally delete the >_ lines to show that I deleted
other parts there.)

Re: Nicolas Rachinsky 2007-03-19 <20070319224345.GA62808@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> * Rocco Rutte <pdmef@xxxxxxx> [2007-03-19 21:18 +0000]:
> > as pointed out on #mutt, the quoting behaviour of the new format=flowed
> > (f=f for short) handler as added to the source after 1.5.14 is different
> > than before: When replying to f=f messages, empty lines are left empty
> > whereby an empty line is a line without further content after the
> > quoting characters.
>
> You mean without the quote character? If the answer is yes I'm all for
> option
>
> >   2) Restore the original behaviour for the f=f handler

Christoph
--
cb@xxxxxxxx | http://www.df7cb.de/