Re: imap/2837: MYRIGHTS not understood by Mirapoint IMAP4PROXY

* On 2007.03.08, in <20070308191120.GO2924@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
*       "Kyle Wheeler" <kyle-mutt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+ NAMESPACE UIDPLUS
> >
> >After (note there is no ACL capability here):
> >
> >CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 IDLE LOGIN-REFERRALS MAILBOX-REFERRALS
> >NAMESPACE LITERAL+ UIDPLUS CHILDREN
>
> This is, well, stupid. Not only do they claim ACL support, but QUOTA
> support as well.

I'm not sure I understand you.  I surely don't mean to defend Mirapoint
(we use them, and I'm not a fan by a long shot) but it is legitimate
to offer different capabilities when authenticated than when not, no?

I don't see why they *would* in this case, but to me it seems like
they're not claiming to support ACL or QUOTA when authenticated.
The patch seems to be quite correct.

--
 -D.    dgc@xxxxxxxxxxxx        NSIT    University of Chicago