New git tree

Hi,

I finally managed to get hg2git[1] working fast and properly (or at least good enough for now) to import mutt hg trees into git (if anyone wants to play with it: the initial import takes roughly 10 minutes on my relatively slow hardware). I've rebuild my tree based on that[2] and rewrote my scripts to generate patches. The patches (which is just 'git diff master..$branch' are still available at [3]).

As some testing for hg2git, I also imported ME's plugin tree into git and pulled to a 'me/plugin' branch of my working tree (I hope he doesn't mind, I didn't ask). So if anyone else has a hg tree with interesting patches, please let me know... :)

Note that I have nothing against hg at all and I really appreciate Brendan using it officially for mutt now since it makes a lot of things much much easier for everybody (like tracking the official repo and maintain/submit patches). It's just that hg's out-of-the-box branch and logging features aren't powerful enough for me (yet) and writing hg2git actually took less time than getting used to hg and writing extensions/scripts for fitting into my workflow.

[1] http://repo.or.cz/w/hg2git.git
[2] http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~pdmef/gitweb.cgi?p=mutt/.git
[2] http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~pdmef/mutt/patches/

  bye, Rocco