mutt/2832: Mutt can't find the manual

>Number:         2832
>Notify-List:
>Category:       mutt
>Synopsis:       Mutt can't find the manual
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       normal
On a freshly installed system, with no previous installations of mutt, I
downloaded mutt 1.5.14 and configured with the following command:

./configure --enable-imap --enable-pop --with-ssl --enable-hcache

Then I built mutt and installed it.  When I hit F1 to look at the manual, I
only get the following error message:

/doc/mutt/manual.txt: No such file or directory
Press any key to continue...

...i.e. mutt is looking for the manual in /doc, for some reason.  It's probably
a problem with the autoconf/automake stuff, but I haven't had a chance to look
into it.

FWIW, I think this bug is actually quite old.  I've run into it before, the
last time I downloaded an actual release of Mutt (i.e. not a CVS release -- I
can't build the manual with the CVS release because I'm missing the tools).  It
might have been somewhere around 1.5.11 or .12 that I first noticed this.  I've
lost track of which development versions I was running before then...

The manual does in fact exist, and you can view it just fine  using the command:

  less /usr/local/doc/mutt/manual.txt

The build environment seems to not be including the prefix in whatever part of
mutt binds the manual to F1.

Indeed, I just checked /usr/local/etc/Muttrc, and it contans the line:

macro generic,pager <F1> "<shell-escape> less ${prefix}/doc/mutt/manual.txt<Ente
r>" "show Mutt documentation"

Maybe someone used ${prefix} when they meant to use $(prefix)?

I can obviously fix this manually (and just did), but it really ought to build
correctly...
>How-To-Repeat:
>Fix:
Unknown