Re: PKA for Mutt

On Mon,  5 Mar 2007 13:46, cb@xxxxxxxx said:

> Yes. As said I got it working in gpg, but I have no idea what it
> should do in mutt, and how to see if "it" works. (crypt_use_gpgme
> works, crypt_use_pka is set, but it doesn't say anything about PKA in
> the output.)

Ah weel, you need to enable it in gpg.conf. Add the suboption
pka-lookups to the verify options.  For example:

  verify-options show-keyserver-urls,pka-lookups

This should have been mentioned in the description for mutt's
crypt_use_pka.  With this enabled you should get soemthing like this

  [-- Begin signature information --]
  Good signature from: Werner Koch <wk@xxxxxxxxx>
                  aka: Werner Koch <wk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                  aka: Werner Koch
                  aka: Werner Koch <werner@xxxxxxxx>
              created: Mon Mar  5 17:14:42 2007
  PKA verified signer's address is: wk@xxxxxxxxx
  [-- End signature information --]

What crypt_use_pka also does is to put a notation into the signature,
something you could simulate with gpg.conf:

  sig-notation pka-address@xxxxxxxxx=wk@gnupg.org

You may also use the honor-pka-record option of the keyserver-options
to automagically retrieve the key using the PKA record.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner