Re: imap/2717: mutt may appear to hang while it reconnects to IMAP

On 28-02-2007 16:10:28 -0300, Angel Olivera wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 28 2007 10:55, Brendan Cully wrote:
> > It doesn't automatically reconnect. But it does reconnect properly if
> > you reopen the mailbox.
>
> Thank you, it works fine, then. Though imap_reconnect sounds very
> tempting.

There is just one thing that I notice on both the original patch and the
CVS version, but that may be due to my weird use[1].  In my tries to
enter wrong passwords, I can only say that mutt correctly allows to
relogin/try again, like the original patch did, which feels good.  I'll
keep on using this version, to see if something pops up.  Thanks!

[1] I use within one imap account, one folder as another account.  For
this, I let mutt connect to the same imap account, but with another base
path.  What I use is like set folder=imaps://X@host and set
folder=imaps://X@host/folder.  When the login to imaps://X@host fails,
"switching" to imaps://X@host/folder (after a successfull relogin to
imaps://X@host) confuses mutt, such that it doesn't find any subfolders
in that "account".  Admittedly, this probably is wrong use of imap.

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level