Re: Segfault with CVS mutt

On 2/11/07, Brendan Cully <brendan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Monday, 05 February 2007 at 16:54, David Shaw wrote:
> When opening an IMAPS mailbox, I am getting a crash with the
> head-of-CVS mutt.  The mailbox starts to read in the headers, then
> mutt prints out "Error opening mailbox" and segfaults.
>
> Here is a backtrace, 'mutt -v' output is below that, and the tail of
> .muttdebug0 is after that.
Thanks for the report. This should be fixed in CVS.

Thanks to those who submitted patches, but I think the one I applied
is more complete. Also, the thread check should be unnecessary: the
entire mailbox' worth of headers is always allocated before the
mailbox is parsed.

Without seeing your patch, I have no idea if it's more complete. Also,
allocated memory does not mean initialized. Both parts of the patch
are required for this bug.

I checked via cvs on dev.mutt.org and your mirror on mutt.kublai.com
and could not find any changes newer than 4 days ago. Is there a
public interface to the main cvs tree?

-Ken