Re: mutt/2560: Mutt chokes on invalid charset in UTF environment

On Thursday, December  7 at 08:03 AM, quoth Christian Ebert:
Be that as it may, I stumbled accross another evil example ;-):
my old iconv has no trouble with attached message, whereas Mutt
freezes and, again, I have to exit with signal 3 (<C-Z>). No fun
to isolate the message in question in a big mailbox, I can tell
you.

Works fine for me on MacOS X 10.4.8, with mutt:

Mutt 1.5.13 (2006-11-28)
Copyright (C) 1996-2006 Michael R. Elkins and others.
Mutt comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `mutt -vv'.
Mutt is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; type `mutt -vv' for details.

System: Darwin 8.8.0 (Power Macintosh) [using ncurses 5.5] [using libiconv 1.11] [using libidn 0.6.3 (compiled with 0.6.3)]
Compile options:
-DOMAIN
+DEBUG
-HOMESPOOL +USE_SETGID +USE_DOTLOCK +DL_STANDALONE +USE_FCNTL -USE_FLOCK -USE_INODESORT -USE_POP +USE_IMAP +USE_SMTP -USE_GSS +USE_SSL_OPENSSL -USE_SSL_GNUTLS +USE_SASL +HAVE_GETADDRINFO +HAVE_REGCOMP -USE_GNU_REGEX +HAVE_COLOR +HAVE_START_COLOR +HAVE_TYPEAHEAD +HAVE_BKGDSET +HAVE_CURS_SET +HAVE_META +HAVE_RESIZETERM +CRYPT_BACKEND_CLASSIC_PGP +CRYPT_BACKEND_CLASSIC_SMIME -CRYPT_BACKEND_GPGME -BUFFY_SIZE -EXACT_ADDRESS -SUN_ATTACHMENT +ENABLE_NLS -LOCALES_HACK +HAVE_WC_FUNCS +HAVE_LANGINFO_CODESET +HAVE_LANGINFO_YESEXPR +HAVE_ICONV -ICONV_NONTRANS +HAVE_LIBIDN +HAVE_GETSID +USE_HCACHE -ISPELL
SENDMAIL="/usr/sbin/sendmail"
MAILPATH="/var/mail"
PKGDATADIR="/usr/local/share/mutt"
SYSCONFDIR="/usr/local/etc"
EXECSHELL="/bin/sh"
-MIXMASTER

That's CVS HEAD, actually. With the following patches:

patch-HEAD.tg.cstatus.6
patch-1.5.5.1.gj.stuff_all_quoted.3
patch-1.5.5.1.nt.xtitles.3.ab.1
patch-1.5.6.dw.crypt-autoselectkey.1
patch-1.5.9.tt+tamo.assumed.3

~Kyle
--
I am not myself apt to be alarmed at innovations recommended by reason. That dread belongs to those whose interests or prejudices shrink from the advance of truth and science.
                            -- Thomas Jefferson to John Manners, 1814