Re: building the manual

On Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 11:58:26AM -0600, David Champion wrote:
> * On 2006.12.04, in <20061204174615.GA22441@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> *     "Derek Martin" <invalid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Where is it documented what tools are needed to build the manual (in
> > CVS)?
>
> .../doc/devel-notes.txt

Thanks David.  FWIW, I attempted to follow the directions on an older
system, but was not able to get it to work (in what I consider to be a
reasonable amount of time).  I have stuff installed for docbook but
needed the xsl stuff.  After unzipping it and setting the variables
mentioned, I still got errors when Mutt tried to build the manual,
albeit different ones from before.

I must be getting old...  I no longer have the patience to spend time
debugging this kind of thing.  I ended up building it on my FC5 system
and just copying it.  Of course, I remember the days when an entire
Linux distribution fit on a few floppies (where "a few" is some number
between 10 and 30)...  ;-)  [Point being the system has gotten a whole
lot bigger and more complicated, such that keeping track of every
peice (and how to install/configure it) is no longer possible...]

:)

-=-=-=-=-