Re: mutt/2560: Mutt chokes on invalid charset in UTF environment

The following reply was made to PR mutt/2560; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Vincent Lefevre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Mutt Developers <mutt-dev@xxxxxxxx>, bug-any@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: mutt/2560: Mutt chokes on invalid charset in UTF environment
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 23:31:49 +0100

 On 2006-11-21 16:48:49 -0500, Derek Martin wrote:
 > Even if that works, it doesn't mean someone won't at a later date use
 > some encoding that somehow breaks iconv...  I missed the beginning of
 > the thread, so I apologize if I don't have a clear understanding of
 > what the submitter is seeing, but it sounds like mutt is silently
 > failing and just does nothing...  Doesn't it seem reasonable that mutt
 > should more gracefully handle failed conversions?

 What is strange here is that Mutt displays non-ASCII characters
 though the encoding is unknown and I don't have any charset-hook
 or iconv-hook. Mutt doesn't freeze or crash, but the behavior is
 incorrect.

 Note that I have the attach_charset and assumed_charset patches.

 --=20
 Vincent Lef=E8vre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/>