Re: Port MH/Maildir to new progress updating

On 17Nov2006 21:02, thomas roessler <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| On 2006-11-17 11:57:39 -0800, William Yardley wrote:
| > On a related note, does anyone know why with Maildir, mutt seems
| > to start counting, then start over again when opening a large
| > mailbox? It doesn't seem to do this with mbox.
|
| Maildirs are read in two passes, mbox is read in one.
|
| Reason is that, with maildirs, flags are encoded into file names, so
| in order to understand the changes made to a maildir, mutt needs to
| know what files are present.

Might be nice to show that:

Reading names/flags... NNNNNN

Then

Reading messages... NNNNNN

It would also be _really_ nice if the progress counted down, not up.
From time to time I option a folder big enough that the reading phase
takes a long time. A countdown would give better user feedback about
whether to go and refill their coffee.

If the new progress does that, forget I asked.
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

This information is absolutely reliable; I read it on Usenet somewhere.
        - scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Scott Larnach)