Re: mutt_adv_mktemp() ?

Hi,

* Pawel S. Veselov [06-10-03 13:46:56 -0700] wrote:

why would mutt_adv_mktemp() start creating temp files with '.z' at the end ?

By default it asks the system to create 'muttXXXXXX' and make it replace 'XXXXXX' with some random sequence so that the resulting file doesn't exist yet.

In your case 'XXXXXX' is replaced by '06a0.z'.

I don't have nametemplate in the
mailcap file:

The nametemplate should be used. The only effect is that mutt adds the extension on its own because mktemp() and mkstemp() cannot replace a sequence within a string but only at the end (...which is why we cannot use mkstemp() all over the place).

It's bad coinsidence that '.z' in the random part can by considered an extension by humans (or machines). I'm not sure, but a wild guess is that elinks thinks by '.z' 'extension' it's a compressed file which isn't true in this case... Using the nametemplate should be fine.

  bye, Rocco
--
:wq!