Re: mutt/2487: wish: RFC3676 support for text/plain format and

The following reply was made to PR mutt/2487; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Rocco Rutte <pdmef@xxxxxxx>
To: bug-any@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: mutt/2487: wish: RFC3676 support for text/plain format and
        delsp parameters
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 07:31:17 +0000

 Hi,

 * tait+muttpr@xxxxxxxxxxx [06-09-15 04:23:42 +0200] wrote:

 >Mutt appears to correctly handle space-stuffing for display (with the
 >built-in pager), but lines ending in space (i.e. those intended to be flowed)
 >are displayed as fixed rather than being combined and re-wrapped to fit the
 >terminal width. For text/plain format=flowed content types, could mutt be
 >made to combine flowed sections into a single line that is then wrapped to
 >the current terminal width? (See RFCs below for details and complete
 >explanation.)

 >Could mutt also be made to support the DelSP parameter when viewing messages?

 >[This is even more wishful...]
 >Generating format=flowed and DelSP=yes messages is up to the user's chosen
 >editor, so mutt has only to concern itself with display of these messages in
 >the built-in pager. For cases when an external pager is used to view
 >messages, it would be a nice bonus if mutt could concatenate flowed sections
 >into a single line before passing the message content to the external pager.

 Some months ago I backported the f=f handler from muttng to mutt as a
 patch:

<http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~pdmef/mutt/patches/patch-1.5.13-cvs.muttng.ff.3.diff>

 ...which I use exclusively for f=f. It does exactly what you're asking
 for including support for the DelSP parameter. IMHO it's also more
 readable than the "old" (i.e. current) f=f handler.

 I've been asking on mutt-dev for feedback but didn't get any response.
 So far? :-)

    bye, Rocco
 --
 :wq!