GPG Inline encrypted Messages from Firefox/Outlook in mutt

Hello,
when I receive GPG inline encrypted Messages from Firefox and Outlook
they show up in mutt with "^M" (Ctrl-Ms / \r) at each end of a line. I
wonder if someone has a code fix (patch) to display 'msdos encoded'
E-Mails correctly.

Currently I am working around with the following

        set display_filter="sed 's/\r//g'"

which is suboptimal because it forks sed for every E-Mail I read and I
read my E-Mails on a dogslow Ultrasparc III. If there is no fix around
maybe someone could point me to the function in mutt which does it.

        Thomas