mutt/2452: spurious space added to my_hdr Message-ID:

>Number:         2452
>Notify-List:    Troy Piggins <usenet-0608@xxxxxxxxx>
>Category:       mutt
>Synopsis:       spurious space added to my_hdr Message-ID:
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       normal

My dear ALL,

    When one declares a msgid with my_hdr, then compose a message, a
parasite space is added between the colon and the content of the field.
Example this command in muttrc or interactively:

| my_hdr Message-ID: <nice@xxxxxxxxxxx>

    ...is stored correctly by Mutt (Tamo's <status-commands>):

| my_hdr

    ...but produces 2 spaces in composed mails:

    This breaks locating message and threading with some other fragile
software. Apparently no other field is touched. Mutt 1.2.5i had no
problem, Mutts 1.4 until CVS have it. Noted by Troy Piggins on cmm:
Thank you Troy.

Alain.