Re: feature freeze?

Hi,

* Moritz Barsnick [06-08-16 21:54:49 +0200] wrote:

* The 'ISO C forbids an empty source file' issue is very peculiar.
 config.h is _not_ empty, AFAICT.

As Matthias has put lots of time into cleaning up the build system, those files IMHO should be better compiled conditionally, i.e. either via the objects directive in configure.ac or with conditionals and then in Makefile.am. Maybe he has time to look at it?

* The 'mktemp' vs. 'mkstemp' is a not so recent glibc warning. Could be
 worked around by checking for mkstemp() and using it if available.

That won't work. The reason is that for auto_view and friends we need to compose names such as:

  $tmpdir/$random.$extension

where '%s.html' in .mailcap is used as a template. $random isn't truly random, but as much as we can.

The mkstemp() and mktemp() functions don't allow for a file suffix ("extension") but only only for something like:

  $tmpdir/$base.XXXXXX

Mutt uses it and appends the extension given in .mailcap. The reason for prefering mktemp() over mkstemp() is that mktemp() only creates a "random" filename while mkstemp() already opens it. But as we don't want to use the name as returned by either call (and want to mangle the extension), opening the intermediate named one is bad.

  bye, Rocco
--
:wq!