Re: smime_keys doesn't work on 1.5.x for me

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 26, 2006 at 04:04:03PM +0400, Anatoly Pugachev wrote:
> Can someone help me with importing thawte free email smime certificate into
> mutt ? I'm getting error trying to do that on mutt-1.5.12 :
>
> $ smime_keys init
> $ smime_keys add_p12 cert.p12
>
> NOTE: This will ask you for two passphrases:
>        1. The passphrase you used for exporting
>        2. The passphrase you wish to secure your private key with.
>
> Enter Import Password:
> MAC verified OK
> Enter PEM pass phrase:
> Verifying - Enter PEM pass phrase:
> Couldn't identify root certificate!
> No root and no intermediate certificates. Can't continue. at
> /usr/local/bin/smime_keys line 668.

this error message seems quite self-explanatory: smime_keys will only import
certificates it can verify - therefore, it needs the root certificate in its
database of trusted certificates.

> # -*-muttrc-*-
[...]
> # Path to a file or directory with trusted certificates
> set smime_ca_location="~/.smime/ca-bundle.crt"

Did you check that Thawte's root certificate is in ca-bundle.crt? Otherwise
you can simply append it.

HTH

Christoph
--
FH Worms - University of Applied Sciences
Fachbereich Informatik / Telekommunikation