Re: mutt/2362: my_foo and environment not interpreted correctly with mailboxes and ignore and probably other commands

* On Sun, Jul 16, 2006 Rocco Rutte wrote:
> In the attached patch, I moved the "push result back" code out to a new
> function I also used to push the result of environment vars back.

That patch works fine for the problem at hand. It breaks if you don't
quote my_vars that contain spaces if you want them to be considered as
one token. That's consistent with mutt's other quoting needs though and
fine with me.

set my_spell="/usr/bin/aspell -c --mode=email --lang=en_GB"
ispell="$my_ispell"

> Now this seems to work but needs much more testing and hacking to
> resolve infinite loops:
>
>   $ export FOO='$FOO'
>   $ ./mutt -e 'mailboxes $FOO'

This is clearly a user error IMO. Should mutt try to detect it? I'm not
sure.

Thanks for the patch, seems to work well.

Michael
--
MOUNT TAPE U1439 ON B3, NO RING

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC1A44DD