Re: mutt/2201: wish: <view-attach> a message/rfc822 applies $display_filter

Synopsis: wish: <view-attach> a message/rfc822 applies $display_filter

**** Comment added by ab on Sun, 04 Jun 2006 18:13:58 +0200 ****

    Hello Luis, and thank you for this report.

    The issue #1 is not a Mutt bug, but a problem in your
Perl script which doesn't work correctly even alone.

    Issue #2 seems true: $display_filter is not applied when
in attachments menu one <view-attach> a message/rfc822 part.
I'm not really sure if it's bug or feature lack, but it
could seem to make sense: After all things like $weed,
ignore, hdr_order, auto_view, mailcap, and such do apply
there. Why not $display_filter? So I turn this bug into a
wish to make use of $display_filter in attachments menu.

    Only for message/rfc822, or also for text/* parts?

> I tried to configure my .mailcap with:
>| message/rfc822; cat %s | mutt-display.pl ; copiousoutput

    Can't work: Mutt displays message/rfc822 itself
internally, without mailcap. Furthermore it's a useless use
of cat %s |

Bye!    Alain.