Re: Unchecked sprintf/strcat?

Hi,

* Oswald Buddenhagen [06-05-24 19:44:32 +0200] wrote:

yes. that's why safe_* should be definitely used only for preventing
*internal* errors, like miscalculated or outdated buffer sizes.

ACK. I think this is mostly the case right now (if not, check_sec.sh needs more tweaks :).

yes, in any case when we are dealing with data of unknown length, it
should be explicitly checked and a "regular" message printed if it is
found to be too long.

ACK.

sort of the only place where a check is not mandatory is displaying
something on the screen, even though even then one might want to show an
ellipsis or something.

Even that needs checking: for multibyte character sets it's bad to silently truncate within a multibyte sequence (since that should be done at character boundary) and display garbage.

  bye, Rocco
--
:wq!