Re: Obsolete features

On 2006-05-19 09:21:40 -0700, Brendan Cully wrote:

> > I'd like to ask for opinions on removing two features I consider
> > obsolete.
> >
> > The first is the exact address regeneration. I've been looking at the
> > history of the INSTALL file mentioning that it's broken. That change
> > adding the note was made in December 1999 so it's broken for at least 6
> > 1/2 years now and nobody missed it (and least not that much to make a
> > developer un-break it).
>
> I suppose if it's been broken for that long it might as well go.

I agree.

>> The second is the sun attachment thing which I've never
>> seen in the wild even once. I tried to google on it and it
>> turns out this is some proprietary "standard" I couldn't
>> really figure out what it's about after all...

> On the other hand, if this works I don't see a strong reason
> to get rid of it. Is it cluttering up the code that badly?

Let's keep this code in -- it was added by someone who actually
wanted to be able to read that kind of e-mail, and I wouldn't
like mutt to break on some old mail archive just because it
uses a feature that isn't commonly used any more.

Regards,
--
Thomas Roessler · Personal soap box at <http://log.does-not-exist.org/>.