; tag-prefix for more than current thread

Hi all,

many functions such as read-thread or tag-thread work on the current
thread only.

I feel that it would be much more logical to permit the combination of
e.g.

;<Esc>t  tag full threads with one or more tagged messages
;^R      mark all threads with one or more tagged messages as read

Extending the tagging to full threads would be my major concern. I'd like
e.g. to select all threads that began within a certain range of time, but
tag all other messages within this thread, too.

Could the tag-prefix be implemented for a more general application?

Thanks,
Martin