Re: unhook doesn't work on charset-hooks

Hi Alain,

On Monday, April 10 at 04:58 PM, quoth Alain Bench:
I can’t seem to get “unhook” to work with charset-hooks.

It should work: I unhook and rehook charset-hooks all the time, dynamically from inside folder-hooks.

But note that if the effect of charset-hooks is visible at next message display for the pager, it's only after next folder opening for the index. And this not counting header cache, as Tamo said. How exactly do you use (un)hook?

Ahh, I figured out my problem. I was trying to do this:

message-hook '%f pine' 'unhook charset-hook<enter>charset-hook x-unknown utf-8'

I kept getting an “unknown hook ‘charset-hook<enter>…’ error. I finally realized that what I needed to do was something more like:

message-hook '%f pine' 'unhook charset-hook'
message-hook '%f pine' 'charset-hook x-unknown utf-8'

~Kyle
--
Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President.
                                                -- Theodore Roosevelt