Re: imap/2182: segFault on imaps folder change with mailboxes=.

The following reply was made to PR imap/2182; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Paul Walker <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: bug-any@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Brendan Cully <brendan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: imap/2182: segFault on imaps folder change with mailboxes=.
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 01:03:50 +0100

 On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 01:31:22AM +0200, Brendan Cully wrote:

 >  Whoops, I think I may have just committed an equivalent patch to close
 >  debian bug #351337 :) Can anyone confirm unpatched CVS fixes the bug?

 From looking at it, it won't crash any more. The other main difference I can
 see is that the one I submitted simply continues if a NULL mbox is given,
 while yours copies "INBOX" instead. I have two questions with that:

 a) is mutt smart enough to cache the results, or will it potentially ask the
    server twice for the same data?
 b) if people see INBOX showing up in their mailboxes list when they do
    "mailboxes = foo", there's a risk they're going to use "=" as an inbox
    shortcut elsewhere, and get confused when it doesn't work.

 Up to you. The patch you committed will fix the crash.

 --
 Paul

 "Master," said the novice, "I would like to write a shell whose syntax
 is similar to C, for then C programmers will script more comfortably".
 "Why do you believe programming should be comfortable?", asked Bourne.
 At that moment, the novice was enlightened. -- posted by Malcolm Ray