Re: mutt/2196: can't bind any functions or macro to C-q

The following reply was made to PR mutt/2196; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Michael Tatge <Michael.Tatge@xxxxxx>
To: Mutt Developers <mutt-dev@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: bug-any@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: mutt/2196: can't bind any functions or macro to C-q
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 22:15:13 +0100

 * On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 kaiwang27@xxxxxxxxx (kaiwang27@xxxxxxxxx) muttered:
 > >Number:         2196
 > >Synopsis:       can't bind any functions or macro to C-q
 > when I bind function to C-q through "bind" in the ".muttrc" file:
 > "bind index \Cq help"
 > It doesn't work at all.

 That might be because ^q is a control char in many termials. Does the
 termial "freeze" when you hit ^s? If so ^q will revive it.
 You can check with stty.

 HTH,

 Michael
 --
 APL is a natural extension of assembler language programming;
 ...and is best for educational purposes.

 PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC1A44DD
 Jabber:     init[0]@amessage.de