Re: mutt/2173: When replying to a message, Mutt should filter control characters from headers

The following reply was made to PR mutt/2173; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Vincent Lefevre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: bug-any@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: mutt/2173: When replying to a message, Mutt should filter control
characters from headers
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 14:24:06 +0100

 On 2006-03-03 13:22:57 +0100, Takahashi Tamotsu wrote:
 > Synopsis: When replying to a message, Mutt should filter control charac=
 ters from headers
 >=20
 > **** Comment added by tamo on Fri, 03 Mar 2006 13:22:57 +0100 ****
 >  I made a patch to replace '\n' with '?' right after iconv in rfc2047_d=
 ecode.
 > This is a hack, but IMHO better than nothing.
 > I'm afraid a real fix (e.g. to make lineInfo in copy.c) would be hundre=
 ds of lines.
 >=20
 > Attached, and also here:
 > http://www10.plala.or.jp/sanrinsha/tamo/bug2173_skipnl.diff

 Thanks. However, this doesn't fix the problem completely. When
 returning to the Compose menu after composing a reply with the
 following example:

 From: a@xxxxxxxxx
 To: a@xxxxxxxxx
 Subject: =3D?UTF-8?Q?Test_for_Mutt_bug_2173=3D0D=3D0ACc:_c@xxxxxxxxx?=3D

 I get:

     From: Vincent Lefevre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx>
       To: a@xxxxxxxxx
      Bcc:=20
 ?Cc: c@xxxxxxxxx
      Fcc: =3Dsent
 Security: Clear

 instead of:

     From: Vincent Lefevre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx>
       To: a@xxxxxxxxx
      Bcc:=20
  Subject: Re: Test for Mutt bug 2173??Cc: c@xxxxxxxxx
      Fcc: =3Dsent
 Security: Clear

 The ^M should also be replaced by '?', IMHO, at least in the Compose
 menu. I've not tried, but there may be the same problem with the ^[
 (Escape) character, where some escape sequences may corrupt the
 terminal, send a job to the printer and so on.

 --=20
 Vincent Lef=E8vre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/>