mutt/2160: annoying Message-IDs

>Number:         2160
>Notify-List:
>Category:       mutt
>Synopsis:       annoying Message-IDs
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       normal
mutt is lacking a configuration option for the structure of the Message-IDs. It
insists on generating the Message-IDs on its own. Therefore I have Message-IDs
like
<20060106083603.GA7391@xxxxxxxxxx>
when sending with mutt.

Unfortunately, there are plenty of spammers which search through mailing list
archives for e-mail-address patterns. They collect these message-ids and put
them in their address lists.

For some special reason I have to accept any mail to my domain (catchall
recipient), therefore I get millions of spam to these message-id-addresses.

Mutt should have an option where to configure the domain part of the Message ID
to allow giving it some subdomain of the domain which is not reachable by
e-mail.

>How-To-Repeat:
>Fix:
Allow a configuration option to configure the domain part of the message ID. Or
better: Allow an sprintf-like String to freely configure it.