Re: integrated kill file

On 01Jan2006 17:33, Ed Peschko <esp5@xxxxxxx> wrote:
| I was wondering if mutt had an 'integrated killfile' type feature, ie: that
when mail is
| read into mutt, mutt checked each email for certain patterns and deleted them
silently
| before the mail was opened.
| I'd love to have something like this, rather than screwing around with
procmail and the like.

If it's just the cumbersomeness of procmail that's bothering you,
use a filter that generates procmail rules. I made one for myself:

  http://freshmeat.net/projects/cats2procmailrc/

It turns simple one-line rules into procmail clauses.
Example:

  spam  SPAMMER from:info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  spam  SPAMMER from:@mailadmin.org
  spam  SPAMMER from:gsk1976@xxxxxxxxx

That's "folder label pattern".

Now these rules drop things in the "spam" folder.  Do what you like.

I actually do my spam filtering with bogofilter and spamassassin for
the grey area messages, but all my other filing (lists to folders etc)
runs from a big procmailrc made from such rules.

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Compromise: Such an adjustment of conflicting interests as gives each
adversary the satisfaction of thinking he has got what he ought not to have,
and is deprived of nothing except what was justly his due.
Ambrose Bierce (1842-1914), U.S. author. The Devil's Dictionary (1881-1906).