Re: mutt/2152: new read mail in IMAP folder not seen

The following reply was made to PR mutt/2152; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Phil Pennock <muttbug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: bug-any@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Paul Walker <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: mutt/2152: new read mail in IMAP folder not seen
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 16:21:05 +0100

 [ Paul, sorry for overriding Reply-To: but a previous reply to a
   different mutt GNATS ticket didn't make it into the ticketing system
   and I want to make sure you see this -- feel free to LART if
   appropriate ]

 On 2005-12-15 at 14:45 +0100, Paul Walker wrote:
 > Subject: Re: mutt/2152: new read mail in IMAP folder not seen

 >  Just to clarify - you mean that the first new mutt does not show any mail
 >  which arrives in the folder after that point? Or simply that it doesn't say
 >  "New mail in  mailbox"?

 The former.  I can not get mutt to acknowledge the existance of new
 "seen" email until mutt sees a "new" email.

 Ie, it won't show in the folder index.

 I bind <Esc>$ to imap-fetch-mail and throw $ and <Esc>$ at the server,
 to no effect.

 As soon as mutt determines that there's a 'new' mail, it picks up _all_
 the additional emails not visible in the index.

 -Phil