Re: mutt/2152: new read mail in IMAP folder not seen

The following reply was made to PR mutt/2152; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Paul Walker <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Phil Pennock <muttbug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: bug-any@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: mutt/2152: new read mail in IMAP folder not seen
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 15:35:12 +0000

 --wzJLGUyc3ArbnUjN

 On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 04:21:05PM +0100, Phil Pennock wrote:

 >   different mutt GNATS ticket didn't make it into the ticketing system
 >   and I want to make sure you see this -- feel free to LART if
 >   appropriate ]

 I'm pretty sure it'll arrive, but a Cc is no problem.

 > The former.  I can not get mutt to acknowledge the existance of new "seen"
 > email until mutt sees a "new" email. As soon as mutt determines that
 > there's a 'new' mail, it picks up _all_ the additional emails not visible
 > in the index.

 Ick. You're in luck, in that the IMAP developer seems to be back online
 temporarily...

 A couple of things you might want to check and post:

 a) can you still reproduce the problem with the current CVS? The server
 details should be on www.mutt.org
 b) what patches have Gentoo applied? If there's anything which looks like it
 touches IMAP, it might also be worth testing with a clean copy of 1.5.11

 Brendan might also want a debug trace - if mutt -v shows a +DEBUG, run mutt
 with "mutt -d 4" and send the ~/.muttdebug0 file (assuming it's not too
 big!). I can't remember if mutt sanitises the output WRT passwords, so you
 might want to check before attaching...

 --=20
 Paul

 "Morpheus: There is a difference between knowing the RFC
  and following the RFC"          - Jeff Gostin

 --wzJLGUyc3ArbnUjN

 --wzJLGUyc3ArbnUjN--