Re: Attachment altered because of 7 bit (none) encoding.

> > Pine uses MIME's Base64 encoding for all attachments, including text,
> > in order to assure that they are not modified in transit. The goal is
> > make sure that sending file attachments in Pine is as dependable as
> > using FTP.
>
> This is a bad idea. This prevents from doing simple mail-filtering
> without MIME decoding. I personally reject such messages for bad
> behavior. Quoted-printable is sufficient and mail-filtering is
> still possible at least for English words.

As long as the attachment is not altered, quoted-printable (instead of
base64) is also fine to me. Also, I heard that mutt will scan files
with unknown type to determine if the file is binary, can mutt detect
for such leading dots at the same time? At least files in danger of
this problem should be encoded.

Cheers,
Bo