Re: mutt/2136: simple_search strange

The following reply was made to PR mutt/2136; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Michael Tatge <Michael.Tatge@xxxxxx>
To: Mutt Developers <mutt-dev@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: bug-any@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Mutt User List <mutt-users@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: mutt/2136: simple_search strange
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 11:54:39 +0100

 * On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 Thomas Roessler wrote:

 [simple_search does not match "Tag" in the subject]

 >  It's not a bug, but a long-forgotten feature.
 >
 >  Mutt applies the following translation to simple-search patterns
 [...]
 >  See mutt_check_simple() in pattern.c.

 Interessting. Did anybody (else) know about this feature or even use it?
 I guess we can safely assume it's dead code that should be removed.

 Michael
 --
 "Whip me.  Beat me.  Make me maintain AIX."
 (By Stephan Zielinski)

 PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC1A44DD
 Jabber:     init[0]@amessage.de