Re: Any way to get size/count with maildir?

On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 10:33:55AM -0500 I heard the voice of
Derek Martin, and lo! it spake thus:

> I heartily agree; in fact I occasionally  make the point on mutt-dev
> that -- from the user's perspective -- mbox and maildir should
> function identically      [...]

My favorite annoying little nit along these lines is the percentage
done when opening a mailbox.  Of course, with mbox it's a percentage
of the size, so it's an approximation of the messages, but with
Maildir, you should KNOW how many messages there are just from reading
the dir, so you could show a percentage of messages read, or even a
XXX / YYYY countup.

It's a sufficiently minor annoyance that I haven't bothered writing up
the probably pretty trivial patch to implement it, but it gripes me
every once in a while.  It's nice to have some idea how long
something's going to take, even if it's 1 second or 10.

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx