mutt/2118: pager line sometimes not reset (was: Pager)

The following reply was made to PR mutt/2118; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Alain Bench <veronatif@xxxxxxx>
To: bug-any@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: mutt/2118: pager line sometimes not reset (was: Pager)
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 22:56:34 +0100 (CET)

  On Monday, October 31, 2005 at 12:14:49 +0100, Thomas Roessler wrote:

 > wondering if the bug report that this was supposed to fix was bad
 > enough that it merits the effort of the correct solution or the
 > ugliness of the current one. I'd really prefer to get rid of the
 > current "gross hack."

     The origin bug/misfeature was spurious implicit <top> during some
 pager functions, specifically <sync-mailbox>, but also <edit-type>,
 <imap-fetch-mail> and some such. That was bad. Being able to continue
 reading the message where you were is naturally expected, and that's a
 big advantage of Brendan's gro^W elegant code.

     I'd even like if $display_filter changes, and some macros exiting to
 index then comming back to pager, had a way to come back to previous
 line. While index:<display-message> would still go to <top> as legacy
 requires, a say <redisplay-message> would go to previous position in
 this last displayed mail.

     Now the gross hack appears to have some drawbacks or some harmless
 oddities here and there... I hope this will not result in regression to
 spurious <top>.

 Bye!   Alain.
 --
 Give your computer's unused idle processor cycles to a scientific goal:
 The Folding@home project at <URL:http://folding.stanford.edu/>.