Re: mutt/2019: menu_context itches

The following reply was made to PR mutt/2019; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Alain Bench <veronatif@xxxxxxx>
To: bug-any@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: mutt/2019: menu_context itches
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 19:34:32 +0100 (CET)

 Hello Thomas!

  On Monday, October 31, 2005 at 11:35:01 +0100, Thomas Roessler wrote:

 > On 2005-10-29 13:55:24 +0200, Alain Bench wrote:
 >> This break-dance effect seems to happen when menu height is even and
 >> $menu_context * 2 >= menu height.
 > The following patch should fix the problem; I'm putting it into CVS:

     Your patch fixes the break-dance in said conditions, but
 unfortunately creates other problems in other conditions. Especially
 cursor altitude is no more stable in odd menu height, in all conditions
 $menu_context keeps one less margin below indicator, and scrolling down
 with $menu_context=0 overwrites pager status line.

     What about adding:

 | + ((MenuContext >= menu->pagelen / 2 && (menu->pagelen & 1) == 0 ) ? 0 : 1)

     Or same but clearer the patch-1.5.11.ab.menu_context_itches_2019.2a
 (against straight 1.5.11) I upload to Gnats. With big $menu_context this
 should always give stable altitude cursor: Centered on an odd height
 menu, and just below center on an even one.

 Bye!   Alain.
 --
 Followups to bug reports are public, and should go to both
 bug-any@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, and the reporter or correspondent.