Re: UI stuff (was Re: How to display format=flowed?)

On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 06:32:05PM -0400, Derek Martin wrote:

> > To quote from the kernel guys, -ENOPATCH.
> Which misses the point entirely.

No, it doesn't. The last time this came up I explained why I (as someone
with no mutt-power whatsoever) think it's one of those ideas which sounds
seductive but is actually a really *bad* idea.

I also said that the only way to prove it either way is for someone to do it
and see. If the resulting mutt - when it eventually surfaces, in a year or
so - is substantially faster, easier to use, easier to hack, more powerful
etc. then people will almost certainly switch over to it.

Which leads us again to -ENOPATCH. (I should maybe be explicit that I don't
mean it as bluntly as it sounds...)

All of this is, of course, IMO. But I'm right. ;-)

--
Paul