Re: mutt/2095: configure incorrectly builds Makefile for Solaris

On Sun, 9 Oct 2005, Gary Quiring wrote:

I am not a developer so I do not know what to provide you.  Enclosed are the
configure and make outputs.  Ncurses is located /usr/local/include.  I have
two Sun boxes both won't compile mutt 1.5.  1.4 release compiles fine.

iirc, 1.4 just tries to link with -lcurses, while 1.5.x tries to link with
-lncurses or -lncursesw

A normal install of ncurses 5.4 on Solaris puts ncurses' header files
in /usr/local/include/ncurses/, so mutt has to look for them in that
location.  Quickly reading the configure.in file in 1.5.10, I notice that
it does not do this - it only looks for /usr/include/ncurses

The configure script does not have a way to tell what it's looking for.
I don't see much in configure.in that I would find useful without rewriting it.

These symbols are undefined since they're defined by Solaris's curses.h
and Solaris' curses library:

initscr32                           main.o
w32addch                            curs_lib.o
w32attron                           menu.o
w32attrset                          compose.o
acs32map                            menu.o
getcurx                             curs_lib.o
getcury                             curs_lib.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to mutt
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [mutt] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/u/local/src/mutt-1.5.10'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/u/local/src/mutt-1.5.10'
make: *** [all] Error 2