Re: What should go into 1.5.7?

On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 01:31:31PM -0700, Brendan Cully wrote:
> On Wednesday, 26 January 2005 at 23:12, Derek Martin wrote:
> > >
> > > Fredrik Eaton asked me to forward his patch changing the "Postpone this
> > > message?" prompt to my suggestion of "Save draft message before
> > > quitting?",
> > > except without the "before quitting" part.
> > >

> > Since I voiced opposition to changing this in a recent thread, I
> > wanted to note that I have no objection to this verbiage change.  It's
> > innocuous and arguably more clear.
>
> Seems harmless enough, but would imply that $postponed should be
> renamed as well.

Can you explain how you arrived at this implication? Certainly there
is a superficial resemblance between the variable name and the message
as it stands, but I don't understand the wisdom of permanently
coupling variable names and messages.

> I'm afraid doing that would cause negative reactions in the silent
> majority.

Certainly, but that was a straw man.

> In short this patch doesn't really seem worth the trouble to me...

Where were you when everyone was discussing this 8 months ago?

Frederik