Re: mutt/2054: wish $signature %expandos

The following reply was made to PR mutt/2054; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Alain Bench <veronatif@xxxxxxx>
To: bug-any@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Lidan Shou <ldshou@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: mutt/2054: wish $signature %expandos
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 15:40:30 +0200 (CEST)

  On Wednesday, September 14, 2005 at 4:40:14 PM -0700, Lidan Shou wrote:

 > --- Alain Bench <veronatif@xxxxxxx> wrote:
 >> %expandos are not expanded as command parameters.
 > then the use of set signature="script|" is rather limited. I don't
 > know if a script with no *input parameters* can be much more useful
 > than a random line.

     Sorry to have to play with words: I perfectly understand now what
 you mean, and what you meant from the beginning. But what you write is
 false. Input parameters to $signature command| do work.

 > Can this be extended to expand "%expandos"?

     Perhaps: I retitle mutt/2054 to "wish $signature %expandos" to let
 discussion begin. Note there already exist better solutions for your
 precise task. Anyway thanks for your suggestion, it may be usefull in
 some cases.

 Bye!   Alain.